All veggies are good for our health. However, each one of them has specific nutrients that help in losing weight. With lots of vegetables available around, here are eight of them that can really shred those pounds out of your weighing scale.
- Cucumbers are like watermelons
as they contain mostly water. Makes them perfect for hydrating yourself when
water is not around. There are plenty of ways that you can do with cucumbers.
It’s a versatile vegetable that can be made into a smoothie, eaten raw, soaking
it in vinegar, preserve and be eaten as pickles, and of course, a worthy
addition to your salad bowl. Not to mention, grilled cucumber which actually
- Broccoli provides your body with
longer energy levels thanks to its slow release carbs and zero fat. It also
helps you on keeping yourself full that’s why you should incorporate broccoli
into your diet to help your body from feeling starved. Once your body signals
you that it’s starving, you will go into binge eating mode. There are plenty of
ways to eat broccoli and this includes eating it raw, chopping and turning it
into a broccoli salad paired with mayo and more.
- Just like cucumbers, celery
contains mostly water with zero calories. So whenever you work out, eat celery
sticks to help you burn even more calories. Celery offers fiber and plenty of
protein. Pair it with peanut butter or cream cheese and you have yourself a
healthy and yummy snack.
- Beans provide protein just like
meat. And the more you have protein in your body, the less you’ll crave for eating
too much. Beans are easy to plant and grow. They are perfect partners for corn
so it’s important to plant them whenever your corn is at knees high. Beans fix
nitrogen that has been used up by the corn and also enriches the soil. A bowl
of quinoa added with beans is the perfect protein meal that provides your body
with amino acids.
- Bell Peppers
- Bell peppers are rich in vitamins A and C and are perfect for weight loss. They also contain natural sweetness that sweet lovers will surely love. You can eat them raw or add to your dishes such as salads.
- Bad liver? Eat onions! They
contain an ample amount of sulfur which is essential for the liver. Pair them
with protein-rich foods and you have yourself a dish that’s rich in amino acids
which helps the brain and nervous system to function at their best. Onions are
also great on detoxifying your body and guards yourself from stomach cancer.
- Looking for a superfood? Say hello to spinach! They are low in calories and are rich in nutrients such as vitamins K, A, C, B2, B6, magnesium, folate, iron, calcium, potassium, and also protein. Now that’s a lot for a single vegetable only. And it doesn’t end there! Spinach also contains fiber, omega-3, and cooper.
- Spinach can be added to almost
anything such as sandwiches, salads, scrambled eggs, and omelets. Not to
mention, they are perfect as smoothies and juices too. No wonder Popeye got
those big gains because of this overpowered vegetable.
- A single cup of yellow squash contains 35 calories, 7 grams of carbs, 1 gram of protein, and most of all, less than 1 gram of fat. Which makes it great for weight loss and to achieve that ideal healthy weight you’ve wanted for. For a bonus, squash is easy to preserve unlike other vegetables.